Top 5 Reasons to Visit Baton Rouge!
- Delicious Fun! As the state’s capital, Baton Rouge is the hub of all things Louisiana and close to all the fun and excitement that make this area so unique. Old South beauty, Creole culture, Cajun zest, colorful politics and all-around good time – the variety of cultural influence make this city a unique and charming place to visit.
- Tantalizing Culinary Experience. The Baton Rouge Area is home to more than 900 delightful restaurants featuring everything from Louisiana’s indigenous Cajun and Creole flavor, to international fare that spans the globe. Get hands-on culinary experience with cooking demonstrations, a wine and culinary festival, food manufacturing plant tours, cooking classes and more.
- Shop ‘til You Drop. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping… with two malls, three open-air retail centers, boutiques, antiques and outlet shopping minutes away, it’s not hard to find what you want in Baton Rouge!
- Redefining Entertainment. Baton Rouge’s highest concentration of attractions, museums and cultural living exist in the city’s ever-changing downtown. Downtown museums include the Shaw Center for the Arts, Louisiana State Museum, Louisiana Art & Science Museum and Planetarium, USS KIDD Veterans Memorial Museum, Old State Capitol, Magnolia Mound, Old Governor’s Mansion and much more. Entertainment options include Manship Theatre, River Center Theatre for the Performing Arts, Live After Five outdoor concert series, Sunday in the Park and more.
- There are few southern cities that offer the diversity of culture and entertainment found in Baton Rouge. Located at the hub of all things Louisiana, Baton Rouge is close to all the sights and fun that make this state so unique. Visit our award winning zoo, or spend the day antique shopping. It’s all right here in Baton Rouge!