Bite Club’s First Challenge: King Cakes!!
Thanks for your patience – here’s the information you’ve been waiting on for the Baton Rouge King Cake taste off! This will be the first in a series of blind taste challenges called Bite Club, presented by Bite and Booze in partnership with Visit Baton Rouge. The competition will be held Wednesday, February 16, 2011 starting at 5:30 p.m. at Hollywood Casino’s Studio 7. We are accepting nominations through 5 p.m. on Friday, February 4, 2011 in two categories: traditional and non-traditional king cakes. All traditional entries will be the same flavor – plain cinnamon. The non-traditional category consists of king cake flavored items such as cupcakes, cake balls, coffee and ice cream. Our current nominees are:
Traditional – Albertson’s, Ambrosia, Baum’s Bakery, Calandro’s, Cal’s Bakery, Forte Grove, Gambino’s, Mary Lee Donuts, Matherne’s, Oak Point Fresh Market, Port Allen Bakery, Ralph’s Market, Strand’s Cafe and Thee Heavenly Donut.
The roster of judges is shaping up. We will announce all judges by next Wednesday, February 9, 2011.
- Baton Rouge King Cake Champion Crowned
- Bite Club King Cake Challenge TODAY!
- The King of Cakes… King Cakes that is!
- Live Music in the 225! 12/10-12/20
- Live Music in the 225! March 4-14, 2010
- Tweets that mention Bite Club’s First Challenge: King Cakes!! -- Topsy.com
- When is a King Cake not a King Cake? | Thoughts from the Veranda
- Deep South Magazine » Blog Archive » King of Cakes